The mechanical engineer will design mechanical components of food safety systems for food processing plants utilizing SolidWorks and provide plant engineering support for chemical manufacturing.
1. Design mechanical components of food safety systems for food processing plants utilizing SolidWorks.
2. Maintain and update existing Solid Works models.
3. Develop documentation during development for transfer to production (models, detail drawings, diagrams, BOM, assembly procedures, etc.).
4. Create parts books with exploded views for customer service manuals.
5. Design and document PM schedules for all manufactured systems.
6. Develop the mechanical sections and system diagrams for equipment manuals.
7. Document installation requirements and procedures.
8. Work to simplify equipment assembly and production time by good design practices.
9. Develop clear, easy to use system pre-install survey questionnaires and available system options.
10. Participate on engineering design team.
11. Perform mechanical engineering analysis as needed.
12. Utilize extensive creativity, mechanical design ability, and good interpersonal skills.
13. Develop procedures and evaluation criteria for performance testing of designs.
14. Occasional onsite support for new machine installations.
15. Provide engineering support for process improvement projects for chemical manufacturing facility.
16. Provide reliability engineering support for chemical manufacturing facility.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal, logical or scientific symbolism such as formulas, scientific equations, and graphs. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.