GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Sales Representative is responsible and accountable for achieving expected sales of Safe Foods Corporation food safety intervention solutions through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing on targeted accounts.
This position includes obtaining and growing new customers as well as developing new markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meets/exceeds sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the ability to sell targeted products to targeted accounts
· Develops and maintains excellent relationships with key decision makers and influencers
· Exhibits a high level of expertise in discussing Safe Foods products as well competitive products
· Increase account penetration by continuously providing new solutions to customers’ needs through using a consultative sales approach
· Provide product and technical consultation to customers on the appropriate use of Safe Foods products
· Strong ability to analyze the territory/market’s potential and stay abreast of competitive activities, market trends and new applications
· Participate in and network with customers at tradeshows, conventions, etc.
· Maintains effective and productive work relationships with colleagues on team and corporate office
· Consistently executes all field sales activities with a high degree of professionalism
· Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within the specified budget?
. Perform any other duties as required or assigned
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Basic: Word Processing/Typing
Required education/experience: Applicant must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Must have at least 2 years’ experience in outside sales
Preferred education/experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or a related field. 5 years’ experience in related field is preferred
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.